Skaala products are designed for minimal maintenance. The maintenance need depends on the local climate and other local and structural factors. We recommend that the condition of doors should be checked at least twice a year. Regular maintenance helps to keep the products in good working order.
The warranty is valid only if the product has been installed and maintained according to Skaala manuals.
Wash the door at least two times a year
• Veneer doors should be oiled immediately after installation and then at least once a year • Loose and damaged seals should be replaced
• Fittings (hinges and locks) should be oiled when windows are cleaned
• Adjust the door leaf if necessary
• Painted products should first be wiped with a damp cloth. Use alkaline detergents.
• Avoid using strong solvents or excessive detergent, as they can dull the painted surface.
• If using anti-fungal detergents, check with the detergent manufacturer whether the surface should be repainted after treatment. Some anti-fungal detergents may destroy the anti-fungal properties of the paint.
• External aluminium surfaces do not require maintenance, but they should be washed regularly, at least once a year. The water holes on the bottom frames should also be cleaned at least once a year.
Use mild detergents.
• Persistent stains that are difficult to remove with regular cleaning products should be removed carefully with a glass scraper.
• Stains such as glue and paint are best removed with xylene, which is available from paint stores and large retail stores. Acetone (e.g. nail polish remover) is slightly stronger and more effective for removing paint stains.
• These solvents should not be used on wood or aluminium parts – do not let the solvent run over these surfaces when using it on glass.
• If solvents are used, the window must be washed again immediately with water.
• During construction, any rendering material or concrete must be removed from the glass without delay. Use plenty of water, a mild alkaline detergent solution or xylene.
Do not rub stains or attempt to remove them dry.